QMS ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor (Quality Management Systems) Training Course
Through the management system auditing and certification, the organization can demonstrate its ability on legal, legislation (i.e. Emergency, Transportation, Financial, Utility service availability regulations), standards (i.e. ISO, IEC, IEEE), contractual obligation (i.e. 7x24 services, Supply Chain Continuity), policy and procedures compliance.
Also, the competence to plan, operation and continual improvements the management system to control the risks and achieve its expected outcome.
This CQI (Chartered Quality Institute) / IRCA (International Register of Certificated Auditors) certified Quality Management Systems (QMS) Lead Auditor Training Course (Registered Course ID: 18219) is part of the International recognized CQI/IRCA QMS Auditor Certification programme.
The successful completion of this course is a prerequisite and essential to becoming a CQI/IRCA QMS registered Auditor.
To participate in this training course, the following prior knowledge was expected:
a) Management Systems
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review, and continual improvement.
b) Quality Management
- The fundamental concepts and the seven quality management principles (see ISO 9000).
- The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction.
c) ISO 9001
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001 and the commonly used quality management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 9000, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 9001:2015 Foundation (QMS)Training or equivalent.
Note. You are advised that course examination questions can relate to any requirement of ISO 9001 and the expected prior knowledge. For delegates who do not have these, we recommend attending our Foundation training course.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for those who will be involved in leading audits of a QMS that conforms to ISO 9001 in any organization.
Suggested job functions and their teams include:
- Those wishing to implement a QMS in accordance with ISO 9001
- The existing auditor who wants to expand their auditing skills
- Consultants who wish to provide advice on ISO 9001 implementation
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Learn how to explain the purpose of a quality management system, of quality management systems standards, of management system audit, of third-party certification and the business benefits of improved performance of the quality management system.
- Learn how to explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow-up a quality management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011, and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
- Learn how to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of a quality management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 9001 and in accordance with ISO 19011, and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
- Your organization will have an internal resource and process to be able to conduct its own audit of its QMS to assess and improve conformance with ISO 9001
- You will gain a professional qualification that certifies that you have the knowledge and skills to be able to lead a team to conduct an audit of a QMS in any organization
- Successful auditing will improve the quality of product or service to meet market assurance and corporate governance needs
- Understand how to identify gaps in a QMS system
- Accurately audit will be able to provide continuous improvement to a management system
- Meet training requirements for IRCA auditor certification
Day 1, Quality management system knowledge (ISO 9001)
- Terms and definitions
- Management system structure (MSS) and process approach (PDCA)
- Understanding of organization, interests and their requirements
- Management system scoping
- Top management leadership, management system policy and objectives
- Support the management system
- Documented management system (standard requirements and from the organization)
- Compliance risk management and objectives
- QMS Operation
- Operational planning and control
- Requirements for products and services
- Design and development of products and services
Day 2, Guidelines for auditing management systems (ISO 19011 and ISO 17021) - Auditor, audit types and certification process
- QMS Operation (continue)
- Control of externally provided processes, products and services
- Production and service provision
- Release of product and services
- Control of nonconforming outputs
- Management system performance evaluation and improvement processes
- Auditor's role, responsibility, and competence
- Different types of audit and certification process
Day 3, Guidelines for auditing management systems (ISO 19011) - Audit simulate the process of planning, preparation for an audit
- Roles and responsibilities in an audit
- Management system performance evaluation and continual improvement requirements
- Different types of audit
- Audit programme and purpose
- Planning an audit (initiate the audit, feasibility analysis)
- Conduct a Stage 1 audit (document review)
- Preparation for Stage 2 (on-site) audit - audit plan
- Preparation of audit work documents includes checklist and audit trails
Day 4, Guidelines for auditing management systems (ISO 19011) - Audit simulate the opening meeting, on-site audit activities, and role-play
- Opening meeting
- Roleplay for audit scenarios
- Practice audit skills of collecting audit evidence
- Prepare audit findings and results, includes conformance, non-conformity (NC), and opportunity for improvement (OFI)
- Prepare audit report
Day 5, Guidelines for auditing management systems (ISO 19011) - Audit simulate the closing of on-site audit - close meeting and follow-up
- Audit conclusion
- Closing meeting
- Audit follow-up
- Evaluating correction, the corrective action including root cause analysis and audit finding closure
- Management system certification
- Course summary and examination
- Course material
- CQI/IRCA auditor course examination
- Course certificate
- Course information and joint instruction