Pressure relief valves inspector training course
Within the boiler, piping and pressure vessel industry, safety relief valves are of most essential importance. Pressure relief valves are the last line of defense against catastrophic failure or even loss of life. The course covers safety valve types, codes & standards and designs, materials, specification and selection, sizing, installation & testing, preventive maintenance procedures, operation and troubleshooting.
A number of different instructional methods are used throughout the course to allow interactive learning and to give practical examples from the manufacturing and service industry to enable the delegates to operate select, size, install, test and troubleshoot safety valves upon course completion.
Safety Relief Valve Sizing Software “ Valvestar “ from LESER Germany will be demonstrated for sizing & selection of relief valves. (Sizing of Safety Valves as per codes, two-phase flow / fire case as per API, pressure loss, back pressure, reaction forces, noise level). Pentair PRV Size Software will demonstrate for sizing Relief Valves.
Who should attend?
- Engineers / Supervisors / Technicians from Maintenance Operations Department
- Maintenance Service Department and Inspection & Materials Technology Section.
The course provides participants with the knowledge in:
- Familiarize participants with the functions and applications of safety relief valves, their types, designs and components.
- Enable appropriate safety valve sizing and selection for liquid, gas and vapor applications
- Train participants to install, inspect, test & troubleshoot a variety of safety valves.
- To increase the participant’s awareness and understanding that the mechanical integrity of relief valves depends jointly on the proper design, operation, condition assessment, and maintenance of the equipment.
- To provide the participants with a clear understanding of the degradation mechanisms that relief valves could be subjected to over their operating life, how to identify them, predict and determine their impact, and what appropriate measures can be taken to prevent and control the resultant damage.
- To provide the participants with the knowledge and failure analysis skills they need to conduct damage and failure analysis so as to prevent similar failures from happening.
- To understand requirements of industry codes/standards and approval authorities.
- In-situ Testing Techniques – Onsite Testing of Safety Relief Valves.
- Emerging Technologies in Pressure Relieving Devices
- Use Valve Star / PRV size software for Safety Relief Valve Sizing & selection from Leser and CROSBY.
This course also prepares delegates for the following certification scheme:
- TUV/IICS 2.6 CERTIFIED PRESSURE RELIEF VALVES INSPECTOR
CHAPTER 1 - INTRODUCTION –SAFETY RELIEF VALVES
CHAPTER 2 - OVERPRESSURE PROTECTION
CHAPTER 3 - PRESSURE RELIEF VALVES – WORKING PRINCIPLE & COMPONENTS & SPECIFICATION
CHAPTER 4 - SAFETY VALVES – WORKING PRINCIPLE & COMPONENTS, SPECIFICATION
CHAPTER 5 - CODES & STANDARDS
CHAPTER 6 - TERMINOLOGY
CHAPTER 7 - DESIGN FUNDAMENTALS
CHAPTER 8 - SIZING & SELECTION
CHAPTER 9 - SAFETY RELIEF VALVE SELECTION
CHAPTER 10 - INSTALLATION
CHAPTER 11 - TESTING
CHAPTER 12 - MAINTENANCE
CHAPTER 13 - TROUBLESHOOTING SRV’S
CHAPTER 14 - NOISE
CHAPTER 15 - SPECIFYING SAFETY RELIEF VALVES
CHAPTER 16 - LOW PRESSURE PROTECTION DEVICES
- Course material
- Course examination
- Course certificate
- More information about International Inspector Certification Scheme (IICS), www.international-inspector-certification.com
- Daily schedule: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm (Workshop)
- Delegates should bring the following items to the class
- Lots of Questions
- A “CAN-DO” Attitude
- Other documents (i.e. standards), as appropriate
- Delegates should note that there are evening works during the course
- The minimum number of delegates for this course is 4 and the maximum is 20. If the students are less than 4, the course will be postponed.
- The participants should have the capability to use their own PC, laptop notebook, or suitable mobile devices to access the LMS.
- This course is run in collaboration with IDC Training House SDN BHD and Plant Technology (Malaysia).