BCMS ISO 22301:2019 Lead Auditor (Business Continuity Management Systems) Training Course
Through the management system auditing and certification, the organization can demonstrate its ability on legal, legislation (i.e. Emergency, Transportation, Financial, Utility service availability regulations), standards (i.e. ISO, IEC, IEEE), contractual obligation (i.e. 7x24 services, Supply Chain Continuity), policy and procedures compliance.
Also, the competence to plan, operation and continual improvements the management system to control the risks and achieve its expected outcome.
This CQI (Chartered Quality Institute) / IRCA (International Register of Certificated Auditors) certified Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS) Lead Auditor Training Course (Registered Course ID: 2396) is part of the International recognized CQI/IRCA BCMS Auditor Certification programme.
The successful completion of this course is a prerequisite and essential to becoming a CQI/IRCA BCMS registered Auditor.
To participate in this training course, the following prior knowledge was expected:
a) Management Systems
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review, and continual improvement.
b) Business Continuity Management
- Conducting of business impact analysis and risk assessment, the development of business continuity strategies and solutions and the implementation of business continuity plans and procedures.
- The relationship between business continuity management, an organisation’s wider risk management arrangements and an organisation’s overall ability to continue to operate during disruptions, and between business continuity management and the proactive improvement of business continuity performance.
c) ISO 22301
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22301 and the commonly used business continuity management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 22301, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 22301 Foundation BCMS training course or equivalent.
Note. You are advised that course examination questions can relate to any requirement of ISO 22301 and the expected prior knowledge. For delegates who do not have these, we recommend attending our Foundation training course.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for those who will be involved in leading audits of a BCMS that conforms to ISO 22301 in any organization.
Suggested job functions and their teams include:
- Those wishing to implement a BCMS in accordance with ISO 22301
- Management professionals who operate emergency response services, i.e. data center, help desk, problem management
- The existing auditor who wants to expand their auditing skills
- Consultants who wish to provide advice on ISO 22301 implementation
- IT and corporate security managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Learn how to explain the purpose and business benefits of a BCMS, of BCMS standards, of management system audit and of third-party certification
- Learn how to explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report, and follow-up a BCMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021) where appropriate
- Learn how to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of a BCMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 22301 in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)
- Your organization will have an internal resource and process to be able to conduct its own audit of its BCMS to assess and improve conformance with ISO 22301
- You will gain a professional qualification that certifies that you have the knowledge and skills to be able to lead a team to conduct an audit of a BCMS in any organization
- Successful auditing will improve the business continuity capability and quality to meet market assurance and corporate governance needs
- Understand how to identify gaps in a BCMS system
- Accurately audit will be able to provide continuous improvement to a management system
- Meet training requirements for IRCA auditor certification
Day 1, Business continuity management systems knowledge (ISO 22301)
- Terms and definitions
- Management system structure (MSS) and process approach (PDCA)
- Understanding of organization, interests and their requirements
- Management system scoping
- Top management leadership, management system policy and objectives
- Support the management system
- Documented management system (standard requirements and from the organization)
- BCMS Operation
- Business risk management requirements and process (BIA, business impact analysis)
- Risk assessment (identify the risk, risk analysis, and risk evaluation)
- Risk treatment (business continuity strategy)
- Incident management process
- Business continuity management and plans (BCPs)
Day 2, Guidelines for auditing management systems (ISO 19011 and ISO 17021) - Auditor, audit types and certification process
- BCMS Operation
- BCM exercising and testing
- Management system performance evaluation and improvement processes
- Auditor's role, responsibility, and competence
- Different types of audit and certification process
Day 3, Guidelines for auditing management systems (ISO 19011) - Audit simulate the process of planning, preparation for an audit
- Roles and responsibilities in an audit
- Management system performance evaluation and continual improvement requirements
- Different types of audit
- Audit programme and purpose
- Planning an audit (initiate the audit, feasibility analysis)
- Conduct a Stage 1 audit (document review)
- Preparation for Stage 2 (on-site) audit - audit plan
- Preparation of audit work documents includes checklist and audit trails
Day 4, Guidelines for auditing management systems (ISO 19011) - Audit simulate the opening meeting, on-site audit activities, and role-play
- Opening meeting
- Roleplay for audit scenarios
- Practice audit skills of collecting audit evidence
- Prepare audit findings and results, includes conformance, non-conformity (NC), and opportunity for improvement (OFI)
- Prepare audit report
Day 5, Guidelines for auditing management systems (ISO 19011) - Audit simulate the closing of on-site audit - close meeting and follow-up
- Audit conclusion
- Closing meeting
- Audit follow-up
- Evaluating correction, the corrective action including root cause analysis and audit finding closure
- Management system certification
- Course summary and examination
- Course material
- CQI/IRCA auditor course examination
- Course certificate
- Course information and joint instruction
Please contact us for more information or support needed：email@example.com